Monday, May 20, 2013

Repurposed Parts




"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving." - Albert Einstein


This is exactly how I feel these days. I must keep moving to be successful. Anything you encounter in life that's worth having, requires a lot of hard work, dedication, and a VERY SUPPORTIVE FAMILY. Recently I purchased a jewelry display from Brandy Evans at Pocket Full of Heirlooms. It was a fabulous piece made from a  vintage bicycle seat. I decided I needed more of these fabulous stands and the hunt was on for creative pieces to put together.

My Dad had a friend who restores amazing retro and antique bicycles. We went to his house to dig through his barn looking for salvage pieces. I was shocked by the supply in his barn. 


Loved this turquoise one!


The coolest part was his 1929 Chevy that still runs like a dream.
So we hit the backroads for a country spin. You definitely view the world a little slower and sweeter in this ride.



He was very generous is helping me fill my request for bicycle parts to display my repurposed jewelry.

 Here is another idea I found on Pinterest for a display idea.


I'm proud of the way my display pieces turned out. Thanks Daddy for taking ideas and turning them into works of art.


Any other ideas for creative jewelry displays? 

xoxo- Ashley













2 comments:

  1. My dad said thanks for posting pic's of him. He said anytime you need something let him know and he will see what he can do! He also said you can post the pic of the rocket bike if you would like.

    ReplyDelete