Thursday, February 13, 2014

Automatic

I honestly think I was born in the wrong time period. I dream of bouffant hair, classy white gloves, Sunday afternoon tea parties, and lemonade on a Southern porch. Sometimes I catch myself racing about my days trying to catch up with emails, phone calls, social media and catching a bite to eat through a drive through. 
As fast as all the technology is now, how is it that we still find ourselves barely having enough time for enjoying the best parts of life? 

Inspired to live a slower life style…….take this week's challenge.

 Day 1: Bake something from scratch.
Day Two: Make a milkshake or glass of sweet tea and enjoy it outside. 


Day 3: Take time to remember and appreciate service attendants. Ughhh! I hate pumping my gas and forget washing the window. Who has time for that? 


Day 4: It's okay to wait in line sometimes and I don't mean the drive through line. Get out and talk to people. After all, you never know who you might meet or how you might make their day a little better. 


This is why I love Texas Trash Jewelry with all of my being. It is my slow time. It's all created from beautiful vintage baubles that are a small piece of the "good old days". Each piece I make takes time, careful thought, and a bit of creativity.  Texas Trash feeds my soul.

Not everything in life has to be AUTOMATIC. The best things in life, are the things you've waited for. 

My inspiration this week came from this new song, "Automatic". 


xoxo,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment